Shah Norani Blast :30 Died Dozens Injured Live Updates 12 Nov 2016.At least thirty people have been killed and scores of others injured as a result of huge blast in the crowded Shah Noorani Shrine in Hub town of Balochistan’s Lasbela District on Saturday evening, police said.
As per Edhi sources, at least thirty dead bodies have been taken to hospital. The death toll may increase as the nearest hospital is at least 150 kilometer away from the shrine.
Dr Hakeem Lassi of Edhi Foundation while speaking to ARY News told that hundreds of people including women and children are injured in the blast.
- CM Balochistan Sardar Sanaullah Zehri while speaking to media stated that due to complete blackout in the affected area, helicopters can not be sent for rescue mission in order to avoid any further mishap.
- Interior Minister Balochistan Sarfraz Bugti condemned the incident and claimed that the government’s focus is on the rescue operation.
- Blood donation units have been established at Jinnah Hospital & Civil Hospital Karachi. People have been appealed to donate for martyrs
- No rescue team has yet reached with injured pilgrims at Civil Hospital Hub from Dargah Shah Noorani after the bomb blast: Lasbela DSP.
- Rescue sources confirm death toll rises to 30, more than 95 people are injured, rise in death toll is feared.
As per initial reports from local media, the blast occurred near the courtyard at the shrine where devotees were performing Dhamal on Saturday.
Rescue teams from Hub have reportedly reached the scene and started shifting the injured to nearby hospitals.
Hub is an industrial city and its original name was Hub Chowki because once there was a police and customs check post, named Nakahi.
Hazrat Baba Shah Noorani’s Shrine, which is more than 500 years old, is located in Hub in Balochistan province. It is surrounded by a striking mountain range where one can find a diversity of animal life.
Ambulances from Karachi and Hub have been sent for the rescue operation, But, Shrine of Shah Noorani being too far away from the main city, may cause major halt in rescue operation.
As per an eye witness, the blast took place near 6 pm, but it was reported to media almost 40 minutes later as, telecom signals do not work in the suburbans of Shah Noorani.
The blast comes a few days after Rangers shot dead several terrorists in a raid in the town.
DC Lasbela Zulfiqar Shah said that ambulances were dispatched to the area to help those injured in the attack.
“Although it is not in the jurisdiction of Lasbela, we have sent rescue teams,” he said.
FC, police and Rangers personnel teams cordoned off the area and launched a probe.
The blast comes a few days after Rangers shot dead several terrorists in a raid in the town, reported Samaa.
Content Courtesy:- www.thenewstribe.com